Saturday, August 19, 2006

UPDATE 3: ParaZapper™

Ya know, I really hate to take delight in someone's business being shut down but I'll make an exception for ParaDevices, the maker of ParaZapper™. (ParaZapper™ is a trademark of Para Systems and Devices, LLC even though they can't sell them anymore.)

Please see the original ParaZapper™ post for my original commentary on this bullshit device.

Apparently, sometime over the past year, the FDA has decided that these electronic "zappers" don't do what they claim to do. (Well knock me down and call me Sally!) Further, the FDA have shut down all retail operations selling them. (And here, I do a little Happy Dance!)

According to a note on the Para Systems and Devices, LLC web site, "Until Further notice, Due to problems with the FDA, ParaZapper will not be selling zappers."

I have contacted David Etheredge, owner and operator of the Para Systems and Devices, LLC web site for comments but, so far, I haven't received a response. Not that I really expect one. He's kinda a jerk.

So, in closing, I have one very childish thing to say to Mr. Etheredge, "Neener! Neener! Neener!"

(And, everybody, please, don't really knock me down and call me Sally.)

4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
BryanB said...

You'll notice a comment made by Rachel Matteson right above this one. She commented on all four of the blog posts regarding the ParaZapper™. In them, she seemed to both agree and disagree that the ParaZapper™ and similar devices both worked and didn't work. She then provided a link to a website that displayed information on buying your very own ParaZapper™. The end result being that her comments were little more than a commercial for buying zappers; presumably from her or someone she knows.

So, her comments are deleted. Had she left out the URL, the comments would have stayed.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
BryanB said...

The above comment by "Information Technology" (what kinda name is that?) was deleted because, while it did mention the bullshitty Parazapper device, it only mentioned AIDS in passing (and seemed to imply that because something can be used to purify water, it can cure HIV and AIDS; which is bullshit).