Sunday, July 17, 2005

Dreaming About a Dead Guy

Not just any dead guy. It would have to be "Blessed Luigi Scrosoppi." ("Who???") Mr. Blessed was an Oratorian priest and lived from 1804 to 1894. I guess. I really don't know (nor do I care that much), so I have to rely on the information on the site I'm taking this from.

And that site is a strange one. It's a bunch of European Episcopalians bitching about the Roman Catholic Church. While I think they're both full of a bunch of hooey that's not the subject of this particular blog. So, on to the "cure".

According to the site, an article in a July 2001 edition of "The Catholic Times" says that Pope John Paul II recognized Luigi Scallappini as the Patron of AIDS sufferers. So Mr. Spaghetti is now a saint because, according to the Catholic Times (according to the Emancipalians), "An HIV–positive Zambian in the terminal phase of Aids-related illness, claims Luigi Scrosoppi cured him after appearing to him in a dream."

(I'm loathe to quote a quote like this, but I was unable to find the original Catholic Times article to actually verify the Elephantarians' quotes.)

But, the up shot is, dream about Saint Spumoni and you, too, could be cured just like this unnamed, generic, non-specific Zambian person. This particular cure is beneficial to those who can have lucid dreams. And I'm not referring to the dreams one has while on Sustiva.

No comments: